Last Revised: October 3, 2015
As used herein, the term “personal information” means information that specifically identifies an individual (such as a name, address, telephone number, mobile number, e-mail address, or credit card number) and information about that individual or his or her activities that is directly linked to personally identifiable information. Personal information does not include “aggregate” information, which is data we collect about the use of the site or about a group or category of services or users, from which individual identities or other personal information has been removed. This Policy in no way restricts or limits our collection and use of aggregate information.
Personal information may be collected in a number of ways when you visit our site. We collect certain information you voluntarily provide to us, such as when you make a donation, send us an email or sign up to receive email or text message updates, fill out a form, connect through a social feed, sign up to be a volunteer or host an event, or request information. Such information may include personal information, such as your name, mailing address, email address, phone number, geographic location, and credit card information. We may also collect demographic information you may voluntarily provide from time to time, such as in response to questionnaires and surveys, including gender, ethnicity, education, and interest information. If this information is tied to personally identifiable information, it will be treated as personal information. Personal and demographic information may also be collected if you provide such information in connection with creating a profile or group, leaving comments, posting blog comments or other content, sending an email or message to another user, or participating in any interactive forums or features on the site. We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect on our site.
How Do We Use the Personal Information We Collect?
We use personal information collected through our site for the purposes described in this Policy. For example, we may use personal information we collect:
- to provide the services, products, or information you request, and to process and complete such requests and any related transactions;
- to send you confirmations, receipts, updates, alerts, and support and administrative messages and otherwise facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of the site;
- to connect you with other supporters, and to solicit volunteers, contributions and support for Meluskey for Senate Inc. issues and organizations that we support;
- to respond to your emails, submissions, questions, comments, and requests and to provide customer service;
- to monitor and analyze site usage and trends, and to personalize and improve the site and our users’ experiences;
- for any other purpose for which the information was collected.
- with vendors, consultants, and other service providers or volunteers who are engaged by or working with us and who need access to such information to carry out their work for Meluskey for Senate Inc;
- with organizations, groups or causes that we believe have similar viewpoints, principles or objectives;
- when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests, claims or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants, or court orders;
- when we believe in good faith that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to respond to claims or to protect the property, or safety of Meluskey for Senate, our users, our staff, our volunteers, or the public, including without limitation to protect such parties from fraudulent, abusive, inappropriate, or unlawful activity or use of Meluskey.com;
- We are not responsible for the actions of any service providers or other third parties, nor are we responsible for any additional information you provide directly to any third parties. Nothing herein restricts the sharing of aggregated or anonymized information, which may be shared with third parties without your consent.