GOP Abandons Our NATURAL RIGHTS, AGAIN!!
Once more the “conservative” establishment is throwing away our Natural Rights which our Founders secured with the Declaration & Constitution. Once again they have taken the Bill of Rights and disposed of the authority given The People for the convenience of political positioning. It is time for us to join together, or we risk losing all that our Founders sacrificed and for which they were prepared to die.
I’m done seeing constant 'conservative' back peddling and lack of moral resolve because we might offend someone. I’m done letting the real bigots, haters and bullies try to tell me how I can or can’t think, where I can pray, and how I “must” raise my children because they may or may not have a certain faith perspective. Above all I’m done waiting for elected official to stand up for OUR rights, to advance their self-serving political agenda and not the principles that secure our Liberties.
The First Amendment of The Constitution of the United States, is clear and for those that have not bother to read it (specifically those elected and have sworn an oath to uphold it) I have included it below in case they have forgotten it.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.
It’s very clear. I have the freedom of religious choice without the risk of persecution. This should be the end of my story, but it’s not. Our Founders put that right at the front of the Constitution. It is covered in the first 10 words. So even if our elected officials decided this historic document is too long to read, I’d guess that they’d at least read the first sentence and understand how simple it is. These are the rules. This is not a board game where we are allowed to create house rules. This is The Constitution of the United States.
Apparently some people in our great country don’t get it and are trying to twist our Constitution. I’d like to ask these folks, where is it in the Constitution that we have to ignore our religious beliefs? That we are not free to practice and hold true our beliefs within the confines of the constitutional rules?
- Does the government have the right to tell me that I do not have the right to believe in GOD, and the teachings of my church? NO!
- Does our government have the right to force the Muslim owned sandwich shop to sell a pork product in their shop? NO!
- Does our government have the right to force the Hebrew photographer to cater a neo-Nazi wedding? NO!
- In New Mexico a court ruled that a photographer discriminated against a gay couple for refusing to provide them service. If your religion says that marriage is meant to be between a man and a woman, should you be forced to photograph that wedding? NO!
- Should we force a baker to bake a cake for the KKK, when it goes against their religious beliefs? Does that really seem just? No!
- Should you be forced to do something you don’t want to do for moral or religious reasons? For reasons that impose against your individual liberties? Forced to go against your own interests and preferences? No!
The Executive, Legislative and Judicial branches of These United States, need to respect and honor the bill of rights which includes our 1st amendment rights to choose. Respect others rights to their religious beliefs.
They are my rights, these are my children’s rights and these are your rights. Our Creators given rights that shall not be taken from us.
Candidate for U.S. Senate, Arizona